Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Pilgrim's Picnic Basket

This month, I have been traveling and doing non-food related things away from home (such as learning sword and polearm fighting techniques with these wonderful people). As a result, I haven't been engaging in food experiments, or blogging about food.

I did find a little time to surf the Internet, though, and I found a very interesting article on preparing foods that can be safely carried without refrigeration and eaten while traveling. The article, called "A Pilgrim's Picnic Basket," can be found here. I commend it to the attention of anyone who has considered the question of what medieval people ate when they did not have access to other people or a fire.

I expect to continue to have little time for blogging or cooking for the next two weeks, but that should change later in August.  See you again then!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete