Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Present Books For This Blog

Today, I received three different books about historic cuisine as Christmas presents:
Jacobs, Martin & Cox, Beverly.  Spirit of the Harvest:  North American Indian Cooking.  Stewart Tabori & Chang (1991).
Ricotti, Eugenia Salza Prina. Meals and Recipes from Ancient Greece. J. Paul Getty Trust (English ed. 2007).
Mehdawy, Magda & Hussien, Amr.  The Pharoah's Kitchen:  Recipes from Ancient Egypt's Enduring Food Traditions.  (American University in Cairo Press 2010).
The friends that kindly gave me the Jacobs and Cox book even tracked down a small bag of acorn flour, so I can try some of the recipes that require it.

I'm looking forward to reading through these books, and writing about them here.  I'm also looking forward to trying out  some of the more congenial recipes featured therein in the coming winter weeks and writing about them as well.   If any of you have particular questions about any of these books or the subjects discussed in them, drop me a comment and I'll see whether I can satisfy your curiosity.

In the meantime, have a wonderful holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one. You just go through these books & share with us the important & useful points used in cooking & also delicious winter recipes. We will be waiting to read from you & grateful to you.

    ReplyDelete